Monday, July 4, 2016

If You Happen to Be in Altoona...

Top of the afternoon to all...

My medium child, bless his soul, is constantly coming home with hubcaps.  I do not know why.  One of my nicknames for him is "Hubcap."  Those who know him will agree that it fits.

Two of the hubcaps that he brought home fit on our car.  This was convenient.  We were missing two hubcaps.  These two hubcaps did not match each other.  They also did not match the two hubcaps that were already on the car.  I put them on anyway.

Yesterday, Jennifer and I were driving northbound on I-99, just north of Altoona, Pennsylvania.  There was something in the road, likely a piece of a blown-out tire.  For reasons that are lost on me, I ran it over instead of steering gently to avoid it.  I heard a clunk.  I saw this thing that had been in the road bouncing a little bit before coming to a rest.

And I saw a hubcap go rolling across the road.

When we got home, lo and behold, we were down a hubcap.  Luckily, the two that still match each other remain on the car.

If you happen to be passing through Altoona, Pennsylvania, and if you happen to see a hubcap on the side of I-99 north of Altoona, I do not expect you to stop and pick it up for us.  I hope that you will have a little chuckle though.

Have a great day everyone.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment